- Nizoral® A-D is the only over the counter dandruff shampoo with Ketoconazole - a clinically proven, powerful dandruff fighting ingredient.
- Nizoral® A-D does more than just control dandruff symptoms - it works differently to get right to the root cause of dandruff by controlling the fungus that causes it.
- Ketoconazole, the anti-fungal active ingredient in Nizoral® A-D, is 10X more effective at fighting fungus, the primary cause of dandruff, than the active ingredient in the leading dandruff shampoo brand.*
- Nizoral® A-D is so powerful, you only have to use it twice a week. And, Nizoral® A-D has a clean, fresh scent that leaves your hair smelling great and is safe to use on color-treated, chemically processed and gray hair.
- Nizoral® A-D relieves even stubborn dandruff based on clinical testing among people who suffered from dandruff for more than 10 years and who said they had tried different anti-dandruff shampoos in the past.
*Based on laboratory testing of the active ingredient in Nizoral compared to the active ingredient in the leading dandruff shampoo. Not a product to product comparison
Try Nizoral® A-D for yourself and SEE THE DIFFERENCE
What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is a common scalp condition. In fact, dandruff affects up to 50% of the world’s population
Dandruff can occur no matter race, ethnicity or type of hair, and it often first appears at puberty.
Most of us don’t think about the skin all over our body constantly renewing itself by shedding skin cells – including the skin on our heads. Dandruff occurs when scalp shedding of the skin cells goes into overdrive. Typical symptoms of dandruff include itchy scalp with scaling skin and flakes.
What Causes Dandruff?
Dandruff can have several causes, but you may be surprised to learn that a fungus found on every human head is most often associated with dandruff. Climate, heredity, diet, hormones and stress may impact how your body reacts to it.
In people susceptible to dandruff, scalp fungus overgrows on the skin causing dandruff symptoms like flaking, scaling and itching.
How Does NIZORAL® A-D Work?
Nizoral® A-D is the only over-the-counter anti-dandruff shampoo that has ketoconazole, a powerful antifungal that works in a unique way to control fungus often associated with dandruff. Once the fungus is controlled, so are your dandruff symptoms.
Several years ago, ketoconazole for dandruff was only available by prescription. After reviewing the safety and efficacy, the FDA approved Nizoral® A-D with ketoconazole 1% for OTC use to treat dandruff symptoms.
Nizoral® A-D keeps dandruff symptoms in check so you don't have to keep checking your shoulders. Say goodbye to the worry, embarrassment, and lack of confidence. Try Nizoral A-D for yourself and see the difference.